Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Time Keeps Rolling On


Another year, another 12 months of looks to come! My last look of 2014 is special for many reasons. Every woman should own suit attire. Whether it be for business wear, or going out wear, a suit can fit for almost any occasion. Designer Alyssa Nicole launched a Lookbook contest for best black and white tuxedo inspired looks. Her website http://alyssa-nicole.com/ features some great simplistic looks with modern and clean lines. I would die to own a piece of hers, being the fan of black and white that I am. 


 Many modern designers and I look to the classics for inspiration, such as vintage YSL Le Smoking collections. Starting in 1966, Yves Saint Laurent created the Le Smoking tux. Of course, back in the 60's, not many women dressed masculine. Thanks to YSL, this was launched into pop culture and became the new normal, thus the beginning for all women's pantsuits. 


Something that not many women do while wearing suits is add a pop of color with a pocket square. There are many different ways you can fold it. Here is a very useful photo to look at to help you find the style fold you want to go with:



I added the pop of red with the pocket square, my heels, nails, and lips. I love all black and white, but sometimes we need a pop to set us apart from the rest of the crowd. 


This white blouse is by one of my other favorite classic designers, Diane von Furstenburg. I love the tuxedo style of it and how well fitted it is. 


You can't go wrong with vintage rhinestone earrings.


Or vintage red satin heels.


To finish off the look, a vintage inspired photo. 

Have a wonderfully fashionable New Year!!!

1 comment: