Monday, November 10, 2014

I'll Be Seeing You


Happy Veteran's Day! This post is in honor of all the brave people who have risked their lives for our country. So what better way to celebrate than to dress up in my best 40's attire and spend some time with some actual soldiers? I got lucky enough to run into a group of gentlemen as they had just finished a reenactment, which I was completely unaware of. I wish I had been there earlier to see them in action and get some cool shots, but I was at least lucky enough to have posed with them myself. 


This extravagant cape with a fur collar was given to me by my good friend, Ethan. The shoes featured are by Newton Elkin of Titche-Goettinger's, which is now modern day Dillard's. Here is a link to an old ad of their's: http://myvintagevogue.com/gallery/?level=picture&id=1417





All clothing and accessories were found locally in antique, vintage, and thrift stores. Waxahachie is such a great place to go to if you're as obsessed as myself with the past. I love gloves, pearls, and fur, what can I say?


These flower earrings are clip on's made of enamel, one of my favorite types of jewelry. 




And now, here are the photos I took with all the lovely gentlemen of the reenactment. They were all so kind to let me harass them with a photo shoot. I thank them for taking the time to do this for me. I tried to make them look as authentic as possible, so I hope you enjoy viewing them. I had way too much fun with this...









Have a fabulous and ever so vintage Veteran's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment