Friday, July 11, 2014

"I like large parties. They’re so intimate. At small parties there isn't any privacy.”


At last, I finally accomplished my Gatsby inspired post. My gloves and bag are antique along with the pearl headpiece. My dress that looks vintage itself is from H&M. My love for Old Hollywood grows everyday as I find more pieces to work with. I am so inspired by silent films and reading old issues of vogue on http://www.vogue.com/archive. I really recommend signing up for it. You will find issues from every era back to 1892. You can be just as inspired as I am while looking at original pieces and extravagant clothing that used to be worn.



My earrings and roman numeral ring are from Tiffany & Co. and the rest of the jewelry is vintage, besides the James Avery charm bracelet.


My look was inspired by Carey Mulligan and her stunning 20's looks from The Great Gatsby, one of my favorite films that depicts one of the best times in history.

Here are some edits I did to match the era: 






1 comment:

  1. This is sooo Gatsby! Great details--the beading in the dress, the antique jewelry, the gloves (wish gloves would make a comeback as a wardrobe staple!) I really like the sepia tone pics. Beautiful post!
    http://winterthorne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete