Sunday, February 1, 2015

Feeling Peachy


As a crazed fan of the 50's and 60's, my inspiration led to the creation of my first cape that I've designed. In order to stand out, be the brightest one in the room. That is exactly my goal with this cape. This is made to be worn throughout Fall, Winter, up through Spring. I want to be able to transport women back in time with my pieces and give them a sense of old Hollywood glamour and sophistication. The great thing about this piece is that it's simple and there's not much to it. It wraps around your body, and with the attached scarf, it is easy to hold in place, draping over your shoulder. I would also like to thank my mother for assisting me in the making of this cape. I get all of my fashion from her, and if it weren't for her I wouldn't be where I am today. Scroll down to the end to see my inspiration. 




My second feature are these vintage inspired cat eye sunglasses from http://www.polette.com/en/. Polette is a great eyeglass and sunglasses company from France. Started by Pierre Wizman at the age of 16, he revolutionized the field of French optics. His idea was to was to offer a huge selection of lenses at inexpensive prices, straight from their factories and workshops. He partnered with Pauline Cousseau, launching their website in August of 2011, and have now become the leader of the online optical market. To see more about their concept and history go to http://www.polette.com/en/concept/ and http://www.polette.com/en/our-history/




My hat and gloves are vintage and I have been saving them specifically for this post. They give the added beauty to accent my cape. The gloves were given to me by a dear friend who has had these in her family for many years. 


My earrings are also another one of my creations. I love to make jewelry from broken pieces. It's the best way to always have something new from old, unused pieces. 



I may not be the most talented sketch artist, but I am very proud of my sketch and what it has now become. I will continue to get better and continue to make my dream a reality. 

My inspiration for my cape mostly comes from vintage Dior. Christian Dior is one of the most influential designers in the world, but his earliest work is the most genius. All of his capes could glamorize a woman so simply. I have him to thank for inspiring me. 





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful first design ma'am. Are you busy this next weekend, say... sunday? Maybe we can talk vintage design.

    ReplyDelete