Wednesday, February 18, 2015

She Wore Blue Velvet


Blue velvet is as timeless and classic as it gets in the world of fashion. Velvet can be traced back to royalty many centuries ago, and is known to be associated with nobility. Sometimes we just want to feel like royalty without paying so much. With http://www.oasap.com/ it's very simple to get access to great pieces at low prices. 


My blue velvet dress (found at this link: http://www.oasap.com/dresses/45605-charming-long-sleeves-velvet-dress.html) comes in all the royal colors you need; blue, green, and red. I of course had to style mine in my most vintage way possible. I wanted it to have a 50's dinner date vibe. It's perfect for any event this season and will be sure to flatter your body, making you stand out among the crowd.


Ruching details can be found on the shoulders and torso giving off a classic look. The little details are what set you apart and make you look more expensive. My vintage inspired strappy heels are from White House Black Market, the best store for black and white lovers. 




Rhinestones are sure to accent any look to perfection. They are a simple accessory but can add a touch of elegance. Victory rolls are also my favorite vintage hairstyle.


My inspiration for this look comes from the always vintage Dita Von Teese, one of the greatest modern, vintage inspired women. On the left, her dress is vintage, worn at Dior Beauty's pre- Golden Globes dinner at Chateau Marmont, and on the right her dress is a custom Dita Von Teese collection dress worn at the launch of her lingerie line, 'Von Follies', at Debenhams.

I leave you off with the inspiration for my title:


No comments:

Post a Comment