Sunday, March 8, 2015

DIFFA


Last night I had the privilege of attending DIFFA for the first time. DIFFA (Design Industries Foundation Fighting Against AIDS) raises money for organizations that help fight against HIV/AIDS. Each year they host the biggest fashion show/performance in Dallas, known as House of DIFFA. They are also known for their famous jacket auctions that I gladly had the opportunity to be apart of. Money raised goes directly to the charities. 


Vintage attire was the only way to go for me. Black and white, tuxedo inspired, paired with white gloves and a beaded purse. 



Here is how it went throughout the night! I got to auction off these beautiful men's suit jackets. From left to right is a Robert Graham, Billy Reid, and Theory. These were some of the most sought after pieces of the night. I think I realized that I love working with menswear.


After working hard, I had the chance the to view the beautiful and well choreographed show. Here are my super professional camera phone pictures.


A great organization to donate to is the AIDS Outreach Center (AOC), founded in 1986 by volunteers to help HIV+ individuals in Fort Worth deal with end of life issues. Today, AOC stands as the largest AIDS service organization in Tarrant County in the fight against HIV. Through an approach of outreach, prevention and community information programs, AOC educates the public about HIV prevention while offering free and/or low-cost services to HIV+ individuals and their families. If you would like to donate to this great cause go to http://www.aoc.org/get-involved#donate.


No comments:

Post a Comment