Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Pretty Reckless - VIP + Concert


Last night felt like a dream for me. I had purchased tickets back in June for The Pretty Reckless as soon as they went on sale, and I bought VIP passes. Taylor Momsen is one of my favorite singers and one of the few people I am a huge fan of. I love her style and I love the her band. They are all so very talented and put on the best show I have yet to see. Words cannot explain my excitement I still have even now that it's over. It's one of those nights you will remember for the rest of your life. 


Here are pre-show photos of the looks of the night. Featured above is a necklace designed and constructed by myself. My father and I decided to go with the Led Zeppelin theme.


Lace tights were the only way to go for this concert. They were majorly trending a couple years ago, but I don't really care for trends so I am just now wearing them.


The line waiting to meet the band was an adventure on it's own. After waiting for two hours you end up becoming friends with everyone, which thankfully distracted myself from hyping myself up too much about meeting Taylor Momsen.




So this happened. They are just a very chill group of people. Since there was so many people waiting in line I didn't have a chance to say hardly anything to them. Just sit down, take the picture, get up, and leave. But I did have the chance to say "nice seeing you guys, can't wait to see your show", followed by Taylor saying "thanks, I love your outfit", so i returned the compliment. That alone coming from her made my night already.


The first opening band was Falling Through April. I am new to them but I can now say that they are really good. They have a nice classic alternative sound to them.


 The second band that opened was Adelita's Way. There were many people there for them. I am also new to them but have heard of them before. They put on an amazing show and have a very similar sound to The Pretty Reckless. I really recommend listening to them.

Finally... The show I came for started. The one and only, Taylor Momsen.


Here is the video I shot of Make Me Wanna Die. I took it with my phone so the quality sucks. But I screenshotted some stills of it here:










The night was the best I have had in such a long time. It was a moment of true happiness that I will always smile when I look back on. Taylor put on such a fantastic show. I even made some friends in the first row.

No comments:

Post a Comment