Thursday, April 16, 2015

Sophistiqué


I am loving this spring weather and finally being able to wear fun day dresses. I channeled some of my favorite old Hollywood movie stars with this dress from http://www.oasap.com/ and pairing a vintage headscarf. By wearing a simple head scarf you can transform any look from humdrum to Hepburn. 


Headscarves were commonly worn in the 1940's during the war while women worked in factories to keep their hair away from their face. This trend caught on and became more of a fashion statement from then on. Later in the 1950's you can find many women wearing them looking glamorous as ever. Stars such as Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, and almost every celebrity you can think of used these as a staple in their wardrobe. (When you're having a bad hair day, I recommend turning to these also.)


My dress that I am wearing can be found at this link: http://www.oasap.com/original-design/53648-refined-floral-organza-off-shoulder-long-dress.html. You can wear this in the evening on a nice date or you can wear it during the day to go shopping. It is a very versatile piece and can be styled many different ways. 


All of my accessories are vintage, except my red satin Manolo Blahnik heels. I like to keep the old sophistication continuing to promote gloves and petition to bring them back into daily wardrobe. In order to feel classy and sophisticated, one must begin by dressing the part. 




Of course, I had to recreate my favorite person in the world's look. Marilyn Monroe didn't even have to try. She was naturally a very fabulous lady and knew how to flaunt it. She was among the rest of the beautiful legends to use a headscarf in her looks.




Here we have Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly showing off the headscarves in beautiful variations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment