Monday, July 27, 2015

Sentimental Journey


With it being 100+ degrees it can be a little challenging figuring out what to wear. You don't have to resort to slumming it in the heat and looking like a slob. A little sun dress never hurt anyone. Featured in this post is this gorgeous 1940's inspired tea dress by Victory Parade http://www.victoryparadecollection.com/, a fabulous 40's/50's dress reproduction company out of Manchester, England.


This dress is perfect for wearing on vacation and has a fun summer vibe with it's oriental style koi fish and bamboo pattern. You can find more tea dresses by Victory Parade at this link http://www.victoryparadecollection.com/info2.cfm?info_id=220311.


I wanted to show how you can wear this if you were to go out of town, featuring an old Samsonite suitcase and straw/wicker bag, common in the 40's and 50's. I was inspired by Dita Von Teese's bag she is able to pair with almost every outfit. You can see three looks of hers featuring this type of bag:


I want to thank a lovely woman I met at a garage sale, Erin Acuff. Not only do we share the same name but also a mutual love for everything vintage. I bought two 1950's cardigans, a 1950's dress, this suitcase and bag, 1940's cowgirl boots, and a Cole of California 1950's swimsuit, all for under 20 bucks from her.


Cat eye glasses, vintage screw back pearl earrings, and a vintage oriental fan all purchased from thrift stores.


I absolutely love victory rolls and I was inspired mostly by Betty Grable's hair. Here's a famous studio portrait of her:


I waited the longest time to buy these 1940's deadstock beauties from my favorite vintage store Bon Ton. I love this style day shoe they used to wear and they can go with any outfit. 




Thank you to Victory Parade for this amazing dress! It fits like a glove. 




I leave you off with the song that inspired my title! 



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! The black and white are particularly great, they look like real vintage snapshots! It's definitely a great dress, and you styled it wonderfully :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind feedback! I really enjoy trying to make authentic looking photographs! The dress just helped pull it all together. :)

      Delete
  2. Stunning outfit! I love this look from head to toe, everything is perfection. Those shoes though, and that purse, they really something special! I don't wear vntage shoes myself, I'm always afraid I'll destroy them, but I do admire them, and that pair are so lovely. ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet!! Really, thank you so much! They were some great finds that I was lucky enough to stumble upon. As for the shoes, I am also afraid to wear them too much in fear of destroying them. I have an obsession and collection of vintage shoes that I would much rather look at than actually wear. They are all so dainty and fragile. They just don't make them like that anymore. :)

      Delete