Friday, August 21, 2015

Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend


When set with the dilemma of facing a hot summer night and trying to figure out what to wear for an occasion, we often find ourselves lost in our closets and left with a mess of confusion. What to wear without sweating to death? Well, with http://www.newdress.com/ you can beat the heat at an extremely low price and find just the piece to wear in 100 degrees. Instead of the go to little black dress, go for the little blue dress! This dress that I am wearing can also be considered a great transitional piece into Fall. You can find it at http://bit.ly/1Gv1ofp

As Summer is nearing it's end I am taking this time to look back and reflect on all the great moments I've had so far. Summer to me is the little road trips, visiting new cities, antique stores, making great memories with my friends and those who I am close with. Summer is the feeling of wind in your hair and the sun on your skin as you lay by the water. Summer is a freeing feeling that takes your mind off all responsibilities and worries while you are doing something fun that you love. -from my Lookbook contest entry at http://lookbook.nu/look/7698358-Newdress-Blue-Dress-Micha-Store-Agatha-Garden.


My next and special feature is from http://www.michastore.com/. They have gorgeous statement pieces that will be sure to make your outfit pop! I love their rhinestone Agatha necklace found at http://www.michastore.com/products/agatha-garden-fashion-necklace?variant=3048177220. It has a classic and elegant look emulating my all time favorite movie star, Marilyn Monroe.

You can use the discount code 'erin10', valid now through next year, to receive 10% off your purchase!


(Here is an accurate representation of how I feel about rhinestones featuring Marilyn herself.)


One of my favorite hair accessories is using a vintage headscarf to complete a look. It really helps for those bad hair days and also looks good with some curls under it as well. 


It's the details that help bring an outfit together beautifully. Without accessories we would all lack originality. 


My gloves, fur. and beaded bag are all vintage. Who said you can't wear fur in the summer? It can be a glamorous accessory to capture an old Hollywood vibe. Just make sure you don't decide to go with the coat but rather a stole. 



Thank you to Micha Store and New Dress for a perfect combination!


I was very inspired by Marilyn Monroe with the necklace featured so I suppose I should share with you what inspired my title. Here is my all time favorite scene of her singing Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend from the movie Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. (I actually performed this in high school but let's not bring that back.) 


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful look, I love yout style <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous dress.. love the blue colour and its style! :)

    And the pose in that first pic.. wow!! :)

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hii It's a Great Wore The Necklace and I Like It. You Showing Our the Necklace is the Amazing and I Hope You Will Wear More The Necklace.
    Thankss ..
    www.jajajewelry.com

    ReplyDelete