Friday, October 30, 2015

My Day As Marilyn


It seems to be a trend these past couple years that I replicate different looks of Marilyn Monroe each Halloween. I recently was in a costume contest at school and of course went as Miss Monroe once again. The photos from it are posted on my school's Facebook page and whoever gets the most likes wins. I would appreciate it if you went on and "voted" for me by clicking like at this link.


Featured in these photos is an authentic 1950's wiggle dress with beautiful pink lace that I'm sure Marilyn would have loved. I was inspired by her outfit worn in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes in the "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" scene. 

Marilyn Monroe in ‘Gentlemen Prefer Blondes’, 1953.  --Shared by WhatnotGems.Etsy.com  Shop Etsy:

Marilyn Monroe. <3:







Have a great Halloween! I leave you off with the video that started it all. Then my performance in highschool of the same skit... I love to look back at it to have a nice laugh and smile. 



No comments:

Post a Comment