Monday, June 16, 2014

Scarlett Starlet


As a big fan of old Hollywood glamour, I love anything with a vintage glam vibe. This dress is by Jessica Mcclintock, one of my favorite dress designers. I found it at a thrift store and tailored it to fit me. The thing about this style dress, it can be used for many different purposes, whether it be an elegant ball, holiday event, or even prom. I'm not one to encourage buying a piece and blowing a ton of money on it just to wear it once. Why not make it's legacy as a beautiful gown go on?


All my jewelry pieces are vintage and found at flea markets. I prefer thrift stores over flea markets, but when I go I enjoy negotiating and bargaining with people on their prices. Like my mom always said, "it doesn't hurt to ask". My inspiration for this look is from the one and only, Scarlett O'Hara, character from Gone With The Wind, my all time favorite movie. If you have seen this classical film, you may remember Scarlett showing up to Ashley's birthday party decked out in her red velvet gown. Ever since then I promised myself I would find a similar one.

Here is the original worn by the gorgeous Vivien Leigh in the movie:


1 comment: